As of 11:00AM Tuesday, 4/12, the hunt is on!!!
Stroome, the world’s most collaborative online video site, will preview our new look with a video scavenger hunt at the third annual TEDxUSC today on the campus of the University of Southern California.
The event involves not only the 1200 TEDxUSC conference participants, but will engage another highly creative, wildly innovative set of folks — the Stroome community. TEDxUSC participants will have all day to shoot their video for the contest, and 10 days to edit it together on Stroome. Final submissions will be due Thursday, May 16, at 5:00 PM PST, and emailed to TEDxUSC@stroome.com.
So how’s this whole this work? We’re glad you asked:
The Stroome/TEDxUSC 2011 Scavenger Hunt
The USC Stevens Institute for Innovation’s goal for TEDxUSC 2011 is to encourage creativity and collaboration before, during, and after the event.
Stroome, the world’s most collaborative online video editing platform, provides aspiring content creators with an online editing community where users can mix and match their video content with each other.
Add a smart phone, Flip, or digital camera and you’ve got everything you need to mix it up and mash it up at the first ever TEDxUSC video scavenger hunt.
Participants will work by themselves or as a team. However they decide to put their piece together, films need to include at least 8 elements from the official scavenger hunt ‘get it list’ here:
Footage of at least 8 of the following suggestions must be included in each final mash up film:
- Music from TEDxUSC (as uploaded post event by USC Stevens)
- A clip of a TEDxUSC speaker (as uploaded post event by USC Stevens)
- Your favorite innovation
- Interview with a TEDxUSC attendee
- Something emotional
- Something cardinal & gold (excluding articles of clothing)
- Something fast
- Something funny
- You and Tommy Trojan
- You or someone else answering the question: “How will you use Stroome?”
- You or someone else calling out, “TEDxUSC 2011, Actions Speak Louder!”
- You or someone else playing a demo or game at the Interactive Game & Demo Lounge
- You or someone else saying what their favorite part of TEDxUSC 2011 was
- Someone dancing
- Someone telling a joke
Participants will have 10 days to upload, mix, and mash their own video, their team’s video, and/or other video shot by attendees at the event (that’s the collaboration part). Final films will be reviewed by the USC Stevens Institute, and the prizes listed below will be awarded for: 1) Best Video 2) Master Uploader – the person or team that uploads the most videos and 3) Master Collaborator – the person or team that includes the greatest number of videos shot by someone NOT on your team.
Each Winning team will receive…
- 2 Free tickets to TEDxUSC 2012 (up to 3 invites for other team members)
- Your film featured on the USC Stevens Institute for Innovation website
- USC Stevens branded innovation skateboard
The winner of Best Video will also receive bragging rights and (wait for it)…$1000!!!
Enjoy the new look and be on the lookout for some exciting new features coming very soon!